Today I bring you the sad news that Caye Dollar, Matt Sime, and myself will not be here on the JET program after July. This news is certain to be a heartwrenching surprise to many of you, I know. But like Daniel said, "Changes are natural." With this news comes the announcement that we will need a new MAJET team for the new JET year. All positions will be available (President, Vice-President, Treasurer). This is a great opportunity to do something fun and constructive for your fellow JETs. We organize numerous events throughout the year for ALTs such as parties and trips, in addition to international exchange events with the japanese community. This is available to all JETs in Miyagi (that means both Sendai AND Miyagi JETs).
Here is a brief description of the positions:
1. GENERAL SUPERVISION of business and affairs, its officers and committee chairs.
2. Advertise on website, listserve and Facebook. Preside over (occasional) meetings.
3. APPROVE activities.
4. COMPLETE reports for AJET and CLAIR as necessary.
5. ACTIVELY promote and attend MAJET functions.
VICE PRESIDENT --
1. ASSIST President as required.
2. FULFILL President’s duties in the absence or disability of the President.
3. ACTIVELY promote and attend MAJET functions.
1. BE RESPONSIBLE for all funds of the chapter.
2. MAINTAIN accurate record of the chapter account.
3. DEPOSIT and disperse funds in a timely manner.
4. ACTIVELY promote and attend MAJET functions.
We will hold elections in the near future. If you are certain you would like to run for a position please tell us what position you would like and send us your platform. If you are on the fence or have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Got some news you want to share with everyone? E-mail us and we can post it here!
Want to join?
Send us your name and email, and we'll get back to you!